Save on Cat Toys

Don't spend a lot of money on cat toys. They seem to love the cheap ones better. Aluminum foil in a ball works as a cat toy.

By Chrystal from Phoenix, AZ

Please be carefull about what you give your cat!! I have seen cats choke on things like rubber bands.

For homemade toys for my kitty I like to crochet small squares and tie (very well) finge on them or sew scrap fabric into a pouch, fill with cotton balls and catnip and sew closed. She loves these things and they are very safe.

My AllieMae used to love the round milk rings off the gallon jugs she would spend hours trying to bat them down the air vents! And her other favorite was

a few plastic grocery bags sewn inside a smaller pillow case she loved the krinkle sound...she loved

her toys and played well with all she seemed to favor

homemade ones best.

PLEASE NO RUBBER BANDS ! Kitty can accidently swallow them, they can get tangled in the intestines , or bowels..

I raised my cats with my dog and for some reason the male cat played fetch better than my dog did. He loved hair scrunchies and milk rings and if you would throw them he would launch off your chest and run after it and bring it back to you. Of course that whole launching off your chest thing hurt but it was so fun to watch him it was worth it.

Anonymous

I had a cat that played fetch too. He's been gone almost a year, and boy do I still miss him! I went to the craft store and bought cheap felt and stuffing and hand sewed my own felt mice, which were his favorite thing. I also put cat nip in, since he loved it!

Although I buy cat toys, they are really good quality, don't fall apart, seem to keep their catnip sent and he loves to lick and bite them. So once a year he gets a new Fat Cat toy, and he still likes to play with his old ones. I'll "freshen" the catnip scent every once in a while by rubbing some home-grown catnip on the toy and watch the show!