Paper Plate Holders

When my kids were younger, we would go to picnics and it would always end up that one of the 4 would end up with their food on them, the paper plates would give a way. So I started looking for anything that would work to hold their paper plates, in a pinch.

I found that a lid from a plastic gallon of ice cream was my answer. It fits the paper plates perfectly and the kids didn't wear their dinner.

By Cindy K. from Elkhart

Hi Cindy K! Frisbees work great as paperplate holders and then you have a game to play later!

Watch the summer "fun" dishes/cups/cutlery/etc. displays at the larger retailers about now. They will have packages of plastic paper plate holders at four or five holders for a dollar. (The dollar store probably has them, as well.) The ice cream lids are recycling; and lots of folks may own a frisbee or two; but the plate holders last for years, and work well indoors and out. If you don't buy ice cream by the gallon, get some of these, they make it easy to use the inexpensive plates!

We use plastic paper plate holders in this house every day for one reason or another. I usually use a paper plate for my morning toast, kid's snacks and more casual dinners such as sandwiches, pizza, sloppy joes, etc, we use paper plates Our holders came from garage sales. I have seen some holders out right now amongst the casual dishes, glasses and such that is out right now for the Summer. We never buy ice cream in those big buckets, altho the way my kids go through it, might not be a bad idea. I suppose those lids would work well for lots of ideas and buckets could be recycled, of course. I just think those holders made especially for paper plates work the best and they are so cheap, you could buy an extra set to keep in your vehicle for picnics.

today we were looking for plate holders and we went to four stores and did not find any. we live in ceres ca. we went to dollar tree, 99 cent store, walmart and kmart and no one had them. can you guys help or give us a place to get them?

I've had the same problem-I got some a few years ago at Big Lots for 4/$1 but several have melted or broken and have been searching for over a month to no avail. Target has colorful wicker ones in their picnic section and they are about $2 or $3-but I need the plastic ones bcs of their easy cleanup. I guess they're not "in" this summer!

Search Ebay for Plastic Paper Plate Holders. I just bought a set of eight.

You can buy plastic ones on e-bay, 8 for around $7.00. They are great and dishwasher safe.

Need plastic paper plate holders that have 2 or 3 tabs that the plate is inserted under. This keeps them from slipping off. Have had mine for years, but need more and have not been able to find in the last 2 or 3 years. Not interested in a substitute.

I have seen them at dollar tree and Walmart lots of them and at dollar general also a fat kroger

Please notify me if you find someone that can locate the plastic holders - they are great for casual eating. Thanks so much, Lou Ann

I've looked for these in dollar stores (where I originally got them) for 2 seasons now without success. Last summer I actually took one of mine to the manager of a dollar tree and he said: ya we used to carry them but I haven't seen them for a while. I think the prices they are getting on ebay are outrageous! I think I paid 4/$1 for the ones I had. But they are showing signs of wear. I'd like to replace many of them. If anyone sees them please post.

We fould slotted plastic paper plate holders at a local party store that sold cheap cards even though it carried higher priced party items. You can get just about any color you want. I'm not sure if they come in packages or are sold individually. My DIL was having a bridal shower and we purchased enough for the shower guests and then all the holders went home with the newly wed couple.

If you look on ebay, you'll find a wide assortment to choose from. You'll also save the gas money of driving around and looking for them. They are seasonal merchandise at the dollar stores and it appears that they sell out very soon after they get them. at least that is what the employees say.

I just bought some plastic paper plate holders online at Harriet Carter. It was a set of 8 for 13.96 total (that includes tax and shipping) Hope this helps.

I just found wicker paper plate holders at my local Party City. They cost 4/$1 and came in 7in and 9in sizes. They were stocked in the catering aisle near the serving spoons. I was excited to see them for such a reasonable price.

To Eileen,

I found the plastic paper plate holders with the 3 tabs.

http://mileskim  20Plate%20Holder

I have also been looking for the paper plate holders, and here is what I have found so far:

(right click the link and open in new tab so you can compare them)

http://www.mile  48&SiteNum=0

http://www.harr  E0-620CF18525A4/

http://www.jens  /serving700.html

http://www.kabo  er-plate-holders

http://www.alwa  434&PD=57400

http://search.l  rnon/results.jsp

Hope that helps you out too!