Kitchen Counters to Go With Beige Stone Floor and Medium Wood Cabinets

My kitchen floor is natural stone, different beiges and a little white. The cabinets are a medium color wood. What color should I buy for the counter top and back splash?

By Clara

I think you need a little contrast. It could be as bold as a burgundy or cranberry or more subtle with a sage or blue. Then for the backsplash, use a similar color to your floor for most of the tile, then pull in the countertop color in speckles or randomly placed accent tiles. Here's a fun one I saw. It's contemporary, but will show you how to coordinate colors:

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/architec ... condo-kitchen-funky-not-clunky.shtml

I've moved so many times, I always think of the resale potential when I make a major investment in my home. I have a stone floor (browns, grays, and a little black) also. My cabinets are a honey brown. I chose a black with rust granite counter top and back-splash. Black goes with everything and is dramatic, yet elegant. You can use a variety of other colors for your walls (I chose a hunter green for my walls; but, I don't have that much wall space) and accents.

I would stick with a neutral color such as black or a mottled black, gray or brown. Good luck:)

Anything you want! Have fun! Just compare it to how you would dress. What would you wear with khakis? Anything! It's the same idea. You are working with a neutral, so you can go clean and crisp with a white. Go soft and pretty with a pastel. Go dramatic with a jewel tone. Go contemporary with black. It's up to you, whatever suits your personality. Look at websites for ideas like Pottery Barn.

I would go with a sage, maybe a rust, a little pop without the 'what were they thinking?'. As an accent colour, Rust can be beautiful, Sage can be calming, Black or darker can be a nice trim, but can make a very dramatic statement, more formal than the others. Gold is pretty, too however, it runs very much in the beiges and can blend in too well. I'd stay away from speckles, I personally am not a huge fan of them, although I have seen nice patterns. Also, take in to thought of where sunlight hits the room, if it does. How would the colour you choose light up or enhance the room. Kitchens should be an energetic room, with neutral tones, trimmed with energetic colours, rust, orange-family, some blues, but most are a calming colour, so they'd be nice in a bathroom or bedroom. Green, sage especially, is good. Keep the true green VERY limited, such as plants, or flowers in a curtain or trim pattern (if you use wallpaper).

Also, go to your paint store like Lowes, taking pictures of your kitchen at different angles and at different times of the day. Still hard to get the right feel, but better than just describing things. Good luck. One of these days, I would like to see a before and after shoot of these rooms people post about.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesMay 24, 2010
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄