Choosing a Kitchen Sink Color

I have a black stove and a black refrigerator. What color sink would match, black or stainless?

Thanks.

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

Actually this would depend on your countertops. I like a green color sink in a kitchen that has black in it. But again if your countertops do not have green in them this will look horrible. Check out the color in your countertops and see how it looks next to your stove. Now pick one of the lighter colors in the countertop and try to match this color for your sink. I know you can always go back to stainless sinks but if you are looking for color I would try to get a color that fits with your countertops if it were me.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts

I would choose a black sink. Depending on the color of your counter top and the other colors you use in the kitchen, a black sink can complement almost any color scheme or décor.

16 More Questions

Painting our cabinets white and have white with gray veining in the countertops. Stainless appliances. White subway tile backsplash. What color sink should we use? This gray, white or stainless?

A grey sink next to a white drawer.

A grey sink next to a white drawer.

My kitchen will have juparana crema bordeaux granite, cinnamon cupboards, and a Venetian bronze faucet. What color sink would work? I am thinking of cafe brown or would a contrasting light color be better?

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

The light colors show scratches and pot marks. The brown will show dirt as a lighter color. I prefer the lighter color myself, but you will have to think about how much maintenance you want.

I need help deciding on a kitchen sink color, apron white or apron biscuit? Or copper undermount? I uploaded a picture of my kitchen. Thanks.

Sink Color Advice - kitchen

Answers

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

copper undermount would be nice. i like it more so because white stains a bit easily

I would think the biscuit apron would blend in with the colors better in your kitchen.

I have a white counter top with black appliances. I'm replacing my sink and wondering if a black cast iron would be too bold or should I stick to white?

I have cherry cabinets with a grey floor. Also, what kind of faucet would you recommend?

I am building a new country/cottage style kitchen. The cabinets are an off-white/linen color (more cream than white), the island is a distressed/antiqued black, and the appliances are stainless. I want to go with a white farmhouse sink, but will that work if the cabinets are more creamy than white?

Faloola

Answers

By Mythi (Guest Post)

I think it will work just fine. White goes with anything and if you ever want to change your colors in your kitchen, anything will go with the white sink.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

Where is it written that sinks and cabinets must match? I personally feel a cottage kitchen needs a white sink. You could put a back splash with peach or yellow depemding upon your taste. Cottage/country style lends itself to creative use of color and accessories. The idea being that nothing matches in gramma's cottage because she was years in collecting all this stuff.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 174 Feedbacks

People use white enamel/porcelain sinks all the time with cream color tile, paint, cabinets. It's called the bathroom. It seems to work just fine.

I think the white will be just fine but there are stainless steel farmhouse sinks, that may look good too.

By Lynda (Guest Post)

I have truly enjoyed my creamy satin-finished formica counter tops with a creamy double, porcelain sink, for over twenty five years, and they are still pristine. I have black and chrome appliances, flat black glass range top, and med. Ash cabinets which are also still good. I need to update but haven't the money to do it, except that I have found curbside a new white double oven, a new vent hood exhaust fan in white, and a white dishwasher, which need installing, now that the appliances are damaged and almost out.

If I had it to repeat, I'd still go with the overall clean look of matching sink and counter tops, because it gives the counter tops an uninterrupted span that is attractive. Mine are cluttered now, but when cleared, the fact that it all matches, with the least distracting mismatches, is soothing to my sensibilities and my eye.
May god bless and help you make the right decision. : )

Answer this Question

We have remodeled our kitchen. We went with cream cabinets, brushed bronze hardware, stainless steel countertops, and the color of the walls is seasalt. The appliances are stainless steel with black. What color faucet and sink should I go with?

I have white cabinets and stainless steel appliances. I am going to replace my sink and my countertop. I am interested in the granite sinks. Should I go with a light-colored sink such as white or beige or a black or brown one? It will be an undermount.

I have black appliances and am replacing my sink in the island which includes a black cook top. What kind of (color) sink and faucet should I choose. I have medium oak cabinets along the walls, with green cabinets in the island. The countertop will be a black/brown/green granite.

By PatLou

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 180 Feedbacks

I would put in a stainless steel sink. Good luck.

Stainless steel would add some neutral color without being out of place or pricey, but black would keep it classy while camouflaging it from the island top. Good luck.

I agree with Yonder178. The black, especially if you get the stone look style, not black shiny. I would go with a brushed nickel faucet.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 270 Feedbacks

The color that screams to me is the beige sinks. You don't want to draw attention to your sink, esp if you are cooking and dishes might be in it.

I like kitchen appliances that are just there without screaming look at me. But then, that is the kind of person I am, Background, never foreground.

Answer this Question

We just installed hickory cabinets and were wanting to put in a dark brown sink with a bronze faucet. What are your opinions? We will have granite installed with some color of the cabinets.

Should I go with the brown sink or think black or stainless? The hardware on the cabinets is a dark bronze. Thanks in advance.

I currently have an almond cast iron top-mounted sink in an almond laminate countertop. My new laminate countertop has grey, white, and cream in it.

Do I try to match the new under mount sink color with my stainless steel appliances, go with a quartz gray, or white sink?

We have beige countertops and we are getting a new sink. What color would look best, light beige or black?

I am trying to decide what color of sink to install. I have all white appliances, hickory cabinets, and quartz countertops (new quay color).

I want to install a cast iron sink and I am thinking either white or cashmere. What do you think?

I am installing contemporary dark wood, either chocolate or a dark reddish brown, with white countertops. The appliances are stainless. Would a black self-rimming or undermount double bowl cast iron sink work?

By Maria S. from Washington, DC

Answers

Short answer is yes. With the dark wood and the dark sink the 'pop' that all rooms need will come from the counter tops. the longer answer is, exactly what type of wood and what type of white and what type of black are you talking about for each of these items? there are many shades of each and you could run into a problem, say, if the white isn't really white, the wood is a lighter shade and the only dark 'pop' is from the sink.

That is a problem because the sink is such a small piece of the entire room. But, from what you described, I think you should be ok with the black sink. Done right, it can be a real nice touch. Good luck!

Answer this Question
Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesJanuary 26, 2013
🌻
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Choosing-a-Kitchen-Sink-Color.html