Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

Category Kitchen
When purchasing new appliances for your kitchen you may have difficulty deciding on the best color to coordinate with the existing cabinets, countertops, sink, flooring, and wall color. This page explores advice for choosing kitchen appliance colors.

I'm looking for input on kitchen appliance color? I have medium/dark kitchen cabinets, light neutral walls, rose quartz countertops, with cream, caramel, and burgundy spots. I need new appliances. I prefer not to have stainless steel because of the cleaning. Ideas on other options would be appreciated. Thanks!

By froggy0203 from MA

Answers

Best Answer

Hey "froggie", I wouldn't give up on stainless appliances as some brands are easier to clean than others (and I think they would look great with your cabinets, etc.) As "redhatterb" said, white goes with everything but white comes with it's own set of cleaning issues!

Maybe my imagination isn't broad enough, but stainless and white are the only two colors I would consider. Black is even harder to keep clean than stainless (I worked as a house cleaner for several years. I loved the black appliances, but they were brutal to get streak-less.)

Other colors will be hard to work around should you decided to redecorate or put your home on the market in the future. Just my two cents worth but much luck and great fun. :-)

Best Answer

You could pick up one of the colors in your counter top, cream, caramel, or burgundy. if I were you, I'd try to take a picture of the counter top (with plenty of natural light, if possible) and bring it with me to the appliance store to see what works. I'm guessing the cream color might work best.

Best Answer

I don't agree with living with an appliance color one doesn't like for years, just to please a potential buyer. By that time stainless may not even be in style anymore.

White is timeless and classic. You can't please every buyer that walks into your home, and who really doesn't buy a house they love because it has the wrong color appliances?

What color appliances would match or coordinate with beige granite sinks?

Answers

Best Answer

In my opinion, black is easier to keep clean than stainless steel and it adds elegance to a kitchen décor. However, stainless steel appliances seem to blend in with the décor in a visually softer way than black appliances making them a less prominent feature in the room.

Best Answer

Stainless steel will probably be everyone's first choice but if you have young children you will probably be constantly wiping away fingerprints or hand-prints.

Some people like the newer soft colors (such as beige) that many brands now have available - easier to keep clean and would probably look very good with your beige granite sinks.
You did not mention the color of your walls so you might want to take that into account before you decide.

I need some kitchen color and design help desperately. I am redoing my kitchen with distressed maple cabinets with a coffee glaze. I have chosen Verde Butterfly granite, and am stuck on appliance color. Stainless steel is too high maintenance trying to keep it smudge free, so I was debating between black (which may make the kitchen look like a cave) or white (which may look dated or not compliment cabinets and granite enough). I have standard height ceilings. Please help. Thanks.

By Kathy from CA

Answers:

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

Despite your objection to stainless steel, I would go with that for the simple reason of the increase in value of your home. Stainless steel appliances are in high demand right now. And even if you're not looking to sell your home, it's still a factor that I would take into consideration. There are "smudge-less" finishes you can get. Again looking at the home-value aspect, white would be my next choice. It would probably be cheaper to change or reface the cabinets to a more compatible color. (04/03/2009)

By Corene

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

I clean houses for a living, and see all different appliances. Yes stainless steel requires constant wiping to look nice, especially if you have kids and/or a dog. Just a wet cloth won't do it, you need a special cleaner, and you have to go with the "grain" when wiping. Also, every little scratch or stain shows, forever. Black has the same problem, and every fingerprint shows. But you can use a soft wet cloth with a little soap for cleaning, not a special cleaner. If, when you move, you take your appliances with you, stainless steel will not increase the value of your home. White will never be out of date, it's easy to clean and always looks fresh. The majority of the homes I clean have white appliances, and those that have black or stainless, unless they have been diligently cared for, don't always look the best after a few years.

(04/05/2009)

By Marilyn Vandekieft

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

Kathy,
What about the appliances that came out that have the look of stainless but are supposed to be easier to keep looking good? I think I remember Lowe's having them. They came out as an alternative to stainless and were supposed to be cheaper. (04/05/2009)

By martie

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

How about almond? It always looks nice with light or dark woods and most colors of tiles, granites, etc. (04/05/2009)

By Patricia Taylor

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

I agree with the almond choice. I've had almond everything for many years and have moved several times and they always go good in any kitchen. I'm not a fan of stainless because (to me) it looks cold, and I prefer cozy. (04/05/2009)

By Judi

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

Our refrigerators and stoves have always been almond. They're not as stark-looking as white and they go with just about everything. (04/05/2009)

By Maryeileen

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

I have a fairly new kitchen with maple cabinetry. My appliances are white. I did not want stainless as I did not want my home to look cold and commercial. White, or almond as others have suggested is perfectly acceptable. If you are worried about it being out of date, remember that everything classic comes back. And although they stopped selling harvest gold and avocado, they never stopped selling white and almond. (04/06/2009)

By Beth

Kitchen Appliance Color Advice

White is classic, and never goes out of date. It is also easy to match, should you have to change an appliance some time in the future. (04/17/2009)

By Louise B.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenAugust 28, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓