Kitchen Curtain Color Advice

Category Curtains
Choosing the right color for your kitchen curtains can help brighten it up and complete your room's color scheme. This is a guide about kitchen curtain color advice.

I have pumpkin colored walls in my kitchen and a brown floor. I am wondering what color curtains would look the best on the french doors. I've posted a picture of the color and french doors. Thanks in advance.

Answers

I think I'd go with the light tan color that's in your floor and that would tie in with the background color of your wall picture too.

Never thought of going with the tan. Think that might look nice, though.

I'd go with a nice cream color.

Unless it's for privacy, why would you want to cover up those beautiful french doors? If you need to, however, the light tan would be a good choice.

I'd go with the cream. Are you thinking of drapes, or of panels just to cover the window area -- like sheers? I might try to just go with sheers. That would provide privacy without totally covering up the light. You might also consider miniblinds over the windows. In that case, I would go with either a cream or with a dark brown or with a pumpkin to match the walls. I would not match anything with the floor colour.

Wow, thanks everyone. I like all your suggestions. I don't want to cover up the doors though. I want them just so it doesn't look so bare. They'll be off to the side. We don't need them for privacy.

This may be a far cry from what you had in mind, but it at least will give you a starting point.

Would moss green curtains look good on kitchen french doors? The kitchen walls are a pumpkin color and the floor is brown.

Answers

Why not check your local fabric store, Tricia? Without committing a whole lot of money, you can buy a piece of the colour you have in mind and hang it on the wall by the doors for a while. See if you like it?

I think moss green, pumpkin and brown is a very nice color combination. It's all so very earthy. Hot apple pie has got to taste even better in this setting. Go for it!

I think the colours could go, but it might be a very lively combo. Do you have something -- like earthenware pottery or artwork --on display that has both those colours in it, to tie it together? I think Rose Anne had good advice -- purchase a small piece of similar material and see if it looks the way you think it will. It might also depend on the material. Sheers in a moss green would be much softer than linen curtains in moss green.

I reposted this question with a picture but I can't find it. Thank you for all your tips. Louise, I do have pottery and artwork that has orange, green and brown

Anonymous

Thanks for all your great ideas.

Thanks for all your responses. Great idea to get material.

I just remodeled my kitchen. I have light expresso color cabinets and painted the walls a white gray. What color curtains should I buy?

I have soft yellow walls, white cabinets, and black/white granite countertops.
What color curtains would you recommend?

I have medium blue walls in my kitchen, a beige tablecloth, wood on the bottom and the wall is painted blue on the top. I have all wood grain cabinets, a black microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher. I have a white stove. I want to lighten it up in the kitchen. I wanted to know what color kitchen curtains I should buy. Should I buy solids or some with flower patterns?

By Christine

Answers

Sounds just like my kitchen except all of my appliances are white, so I chose blue and white gingham curtains and they look great. Gives the kitchen a kind of "country" feel.

If you like flowers, go with flowers. Or perhaps something of a geometric pattern. You might go with a yellow/blue/white pattern of some sort. Another way to go might be white lace or sheers, if you want to lighten things somewhat. Yellow, beige, white, or shades of blue are all good colours. You could easily change the table cloth as well, if you wanted to go with a cheery lemon yellow, for instance.

Two of my walls are pale yellow and 2 are red brick, not bright red. On one of my yellow walls I have a sliding glass door. What color curtains should I use?

Answers

I would go with a pale yellow that matched the wall colour, or a white and yellow print. I would not go with a busy print.

The top half of my kitchen walls is red and the bottom is gray. My molding is cream colored. What color of curtains would look best and would you want a solid color or not?

By D.B from Hodges, AL

I am trying to brighten and change the color scheme in my kitchen. My cabinets are cherry and my counter top is beige with salt and pepper specs (stone). The colors I am using are paprika, yellows, and greens. My walls and woodwork are white. I am going to put curtains on my patio door. Should I keep with a neutral color or go with a paprika?

By Beth

Answers

Beige or white. The patio door is a source of light. Keep it that way.

I just painted my kitchen Sherwin Williams "summer day". I have oak cabinets. What color curtains should I get?

By Lisa

Answers

I would think apple red would be nice.

I have a light yellow color on my kitchen walls which is also connected to the dining area. Which colors would best to add a little pop of bold color for the valances for the kitchen and curtain for the dining area?

By Mya

Answers

I would go with a bright color in plaid or large print that has some of the colors of the wall, cabinets or floor in it. Examples are a multi color apple pattern (red, yellow, brt. green, orange) or a plaid of royal blue with cream or tan, or a colorful harvest leaves pattern.

I painted my kitchen walls a cinnamon color (orange/red). Will gold curtains match? What do you recommend?

By Cynthia

Answers

Peach, coral, banana cream are colors that sit well with rust or go with a cool color of a soft pastel shade. You could also go to a fabric store or online and look at bolts of fabrics that has rust and other colors in it to help you decide, if you really don't like the colors mentioned.

I have white walls and dark green floors in the kitchen. What would be a good color for curtains?

By M Jack

I have an open concept livingroom/kitchen area. The livingroom is green. I just painted my kitchen Benjamin Moore Rustic Glaze (top half) and Boulder Ridge on the bottom and island. The trim is all pine and cupboards are maple. What colour and style of curtain would complement for a large window and patio door. The livingroom curtains are striped toppers on black rods.

By Bonita