Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink

Category Kitchen
Know the cost and necessary care for a stunning copper sink before installing it in your kitchen. This guide is about considering a copper kitchen sink.

I am remodeling and have chosen soft grey cabinets, white with a splash of grey quartzite marble backsplash and polished gold cabinet handles, with a polished gold faucet. Do you think a copper farm sink will work?
Many thanks.

Answers

If you love it, go for it! For me it would be too many colors, but I am an old fashioned matchy match queen. I would do all stainless with gray and white. Today everything goes and it's all about what you love. If you do Pinterest, put your description in and see if you find a room that looks like you are envisioning. Just to get a feel for it. Post back what you decide.

I would go with white porcelain or stainless steel.

I agree with Judy. White or stainless steel would be more cohesive with your cabinets and backsplash. However, it's your kitchen so you should choose the materials and colors that appeal to you.

Sometimes, it's the unexpected design elements that become the most impressive feature in a room.

I'm considering installing a copper kitchen sink. Would I need to have copper faucet as well? Does anyone have pros or cons re: a copper sink?

By carla

Answers

I have a copper sink (put in by the previous owner). You do not have to have copper pipes or copper fixtures. Beware of anything acidic as it will temporarily discolor the copper. I love my copper sink. It's low maintenance and looks great. No harsh abrasive cleaning products.

Is it just copper in color? If it's real copper it must have a super finish on it not to turn green. If you get it I'd love it if you posted a picture.

It sounds like something I would like, but I have never seen one. I imagine a copper faucet would just set it off. Why ruin the look with anything else?

It does look cool, but you have to be prepared for the aging process. That's what gives it the beauty, but it won't look the same, just so you are aware.

How much work is it to care for a copper sink?

By Linda from Lincoln, NE