Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Responding to a Dance Invitation

I got asked to homecoming. Here's how: he asked me if I would go by writing the question on plastic spoons and stuck them all over in my lawn, when I got them all I had to unscramble the letters. I have no idea how to answer him. Please help!

By Nickname Jane from West Jordan, UT

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Diana [38]09/29/2010

Well, how did you answer him?

By Nan Corpe [6]09/13/2010

If you like him, tell him 'yes.'

By carol [1]09/13/2010

I would get a sachet of sugar ( like they do at McDonald's for your tea or coffee) and write yes on it or post it in a thank you card saying you are so sweet, I would love to go.

By Mary Lou [14]09/12/2010

Since he made you work for your question, I'd take a heavy weight paper plate of the disposable kind and write your answer in a colorful way (think markers or colored pencils and tattoo or graffiti style), cut it up into as many pieces as possible, all different shapes-like a puzzle. Put it all in a large plastic bag and hand it off the door knob of his house, locker at school whatever you think would work.

By Roxane [2]09/11/2010

What about sending him an ice cream sundae with you answer on it. That's what I though of when I read plastic spoons.
I think you should respond in a cute and creative way. He went through the trouble of trying to make it original, you should respond in kind, especially if you like him.

By Lilac [18]09/11/2010

The answer is yes. You don't have to be creative about it. Call him, write him or tell him in person. He sounds like a neat guy.

By MrsMom [2]09/10/2010

Buy a package of small paper plates and write your answer on one of the middle ones.

By Joan [13]09/09/2010

Just say "yes" if you want to go and "no" if you don't and get it over with. Don't worry about answering in a "cutesy" way.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Responding to a Dance Invitation

Any ideas on how to answer a girl's invitation to a dance using a jungle theme?

By j

RE: Responding to a Dance Invitation

Dress up like a safari guide, take a pic of it and send it to her with your "yes" answer. (04/16/2010)

By Coll3

RE: Responding to a Dance Invitation

I love Coll3's suggestion ;-) If you want to go with her you could also use a picture print, postcard or greeting card that has jungle animals on it and just say "Yes, I would love to go with you on this safari!" (04/16/2010)

By Deeli

RE: Responding to a Dance Invitation

Record the Tarzan Jane yell (Carol Burnett) on her answering machine with your Yes! (04/16/2010)

By bkvander

RE: Responding to a Dance Invitation

This should work face-to-face, or on voice mail: "Me Tarzan. You Jane. Tarzan dance with Jane." (04/16/2010)

By JustPlainJo