Rust in Ford Taurus Coolant System

I have a 1997 Ford Taurus. I keep getting rust in the coolant. I have had to replace 3 soft plugs and 2 recovery tanks. I have flushed the system 6 times. Any suggestions on why this continues? I was told not to worry about the rust, but it keeps plugging up my heater core and causing things to blow.

By Ron from Tucson, AZ

Answers

Drain the water, use a garden how and remove the top radiator hose and thermostat, remove the bottom hose. Put the garden hose in the thermostat hole and let it run, the rust will start to come out the bottom, when it runs clean, re fill it with 50/50 coolant and water mix, replace the thermostat, be sure to flush the radiator and wash out the coolant jar as well. Don't forget to remove the heater hoses and do the same thing. Water causes rust and overheating. Coolant stops overheating and rust. You will be OK after that.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceJanuary 15, 2011
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Flushing a Car's Radiator
Flushing a Car's Radiator
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 10:13:36 AM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.