Stain Remover Left Spot on Clothing

I bought a new grey top yesterday, wore it out once and discovered when I got home that it had got a stain on it. The stain is not the problem though. The problem is that I used stain remover to try and remove it when normal laundering didn't lift it.

It not only has it removed the stain but it also removed a bit of the dye, leaving the top with an obvious lighter-grey band from where I tried to get the stain out. It's not been completely bleached, but it's pretty clear the color has lifted, especially in good light. Is there anything I can do about this? I really love this top and it's not even two days old, so I really, really don't want to have to throw it out.

By laila from London, UK

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You are going to laugh at me but I look for those large packs of sharpie markers to go on sale just for little clothing mishaps. They come in a lot of colors and if it dosent match exactly, it will usually blend after a wash or two. the trick is to do a little at a time till you get it close to the right color, hope it works for you!

July 24, 2011 Flag

How do you remove set-in stain remover stains from clothes?

By Dana from Houston, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try rubbing the spot with a wet bar of laundry soap (like Octagon or Fels Naptha), then wash in the warmest water the fabric will bear, with an extra rinse. This works for fabric softener stains, too.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 26, 2011
Carpet Stain
Carpet Stain Remover Recipes
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:06:17 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.