Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Gift Ideas for Someone Studying Abroad

My boyfriend is 19 years old, and I am unsure as to what to give him for Christmas. He is currently studying in Venezuela. I have to send him the gift by mail, but I have no ideas. He is a basketball fan, but he cannot play anymore because of a surgery. Any ideas?

By Gracie44 from Orillia, ON

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Barbara Petty [13]09/23/2009

Of course he will appreciate anything that you send! Put together an assortment of things that he can't purchase abroad. Such as the newest book to hit the market, chewing gum, a new calender for 2010 maybe of vintage cars, or something else that would interest him. A new Tshirt in his favorite color.( wash it first, and he will enjoy the wonderful "smell" from home) individual packets of instant coffee. Individual packets of drink mixes to add to bottled water. Maybe even a new stainless steel water bottle that has a filter with it, add an extra filter. Those filters sure improve the taste of water.

A pair of lounging pants. A ball cap in his favorite team colors. Even some beef jerky is appreciated. Fix him his own Christmas stocking filled with candy and little things that you know he would enjoy. Everybody needs a stocking for Christmas, no matter their age.
You will be thinking of more things now. Have fun filling the box.

The US Post Office has boxes that cost one fee; s much as you can stuff into the box. You'd be surprised at how much you can stuff into a box! We have sent many a box full of things to Iraq. They always are amazed at how much was in the box!