AdviceBaby

Bad Smelling Baby Clothing

How do I get bad smells out of baby clothing?

Monkeesmama from Florida

Is the smell from vomiting, or is it from BM? The thing with baby clothing is that you have to be careful; you can't use a strong "olor-busting" chemical like you could on other items. You might try first soaking the item in a solution of warm water and baking soda; then washing in a a detergent specially formulated for baby clothes. Good luck~

Try soaking them in borax solution, then wash thoroughly in your regular detergent and rinse twice. Also, if the baby spits on you just as you're leaving the house, mix 1 tsp baking soda with two cups water and dab with a washcloth and you won't smell like "baby kisses" all day. Galey

the thing is I received some passed down baby clothes from a freind ..and I washed them in dreft then they still had like a odd rusty smell I cant decsribe it..other than that so I soaked them in the washing machine with a whole box of baking soda then rewashed using tide and they still smell not fresh at all? it's really odd I have washed them three times last time I even splashed a lil fabric softner in then re-rinsed them? it's the funniest thing?? has anyone else had that?

my mother in law told me years ago to use dish washing detergent. any kind i don't know what it has in it but she told me the nuns use to use it on there bonnets! it worked great to get bad smells out of the clothes and it brightened the fabric also.

thanks denise! I'll try that..I hope dawn dish soap is okay thats what we have..I guess a lil will do it?

otherwise I'll have a huge pile up of suds! lol!