Dishwasher Not Washing Dishes

My Kenmore dishwasher is about 8yrs old and all of a sudden it doesn't seem to do the wash cycle. It fills, makes some noise and then drains out. It had been cleaning poorly for a while prior to this. I am probably going to take it apart, just hoping for some idea on what to look for.

Sheila from MI

We live in a 2-bedroom apartment and if ours stopping working I'd complain and the apartment complex would remedy the problem.

By the sounds of it, call in a repairman for an estimate to see if it can be fixed. If it's going to cost too much money, trash it and buy a new one.

Have you checked out www.repairclinic.com? It's a great website for troubleshooting all your home appliances. And the best part is that it is free!

My dishwasher is 15 years old and still does a great job. Do you have hard water? If so, do you have a water softener? I've never taken apart a Kenmore washer,but I assume it has a bottom and top arm that sprays. I periodically take mine off of the dishwasher to check to make sure the holes are able to spray. I would do some troubleshooting online if you don't have anything in your users manual telling you what to do. ( Ask.com ) Type troubleshoot dishwasher not washing the dishes. Don't trash it until you know it can't be repaired for far less than a new one.

My dishwasher did this too. It turned out that I needed a new faucet. I've hadn't a problem since.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherOctober 10, 2008
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄