Easy Knit Glasses Case

Claire Bush

Here's an easy-to-create craft that can be made in an evening. The cases are fun and inexpensive to make for gifts, too. I keep one in my car for my sunglasses.

• 1 skein 4 ply cotton yarn (I use peaches and cream brand from WalMart), any color
  • Size 7 knitting needles
  • Fabric scraps/ribbon/lace/trim
  • Glue gun

Cast on 30-35 stitches, enough to make about 8" square. Knit until you have about the size of a potholder, then bind off. Lay knitting flat on work table and trim a piece of contrasting fabric to fit, then carefully glue fabric on top of knitting. Trim with narrow ribbon to hide fabric edges. Fold knitting down about halfway and hand stitch sides closed to form case, using glasses to measure for good fit. Finish with decorative button or other embellishment on front, if desired.

For the glasses case in the picture, I used an empty picture frame pin and cut a picture of a flower to fit inside to match the design of the case.

Easy Knit Glasses Case

About The Author: An Arizona freelance writer for the past decade, Claire is a regular contributor to the Arizona Republic's business, career builder and community sections and is also the author of a statewide restaurant guide, "Dining in Arizona - 101 Great Places to Eat" Claire has co-authored several cookbooks and is now a working chef and menu designer in Sun City, AZ.

That is a darling idea! You should make and sell those at craft shows. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and God bless you.

Thanks. This is a neat idea. I love ideas that let you use your own imagination to create something unique to you.

Photos CraftsFebruary 25, 2008
A woman shopping.
What is Travel Knit Fabric?
Two Wine Glasses
Crafts Using Wine Glasses
Making a Eyeglass Case from a Potholder
Making an Eyeglass Case from a Potholder
Eyeglass Case Patterns
Eyeglass Case Patterns