Uses for Cooling Racks

It is always fun to discover additional uses for kitchen tools, especially ones that are not used that often for their intended use. This is a guide about uses for cooking racks.

February 8, 2010 Flag

A cooling rack used for cookies and baked goods has many uses in the kitchen.

By mkymlp from NE PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

September 3, 2012 Flag

Take a baker's rack and set your laptop on it. This lets air flow thru underneath it and thereby keeps your computer cool. This way you do not have to keep buying fans to sit under it to cool it. It works great either sitting it on your lap or on a desk.

By Kathy from Jefferson, LA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

March 27, 2008 Flag

Why go out and pay a big price for a laptop cooler? Try this tip and have one for next to nothing.

I use a cake cooling rack as my laptop cooler. It works great! I bought this rack at a dollar store for $1, so I have saved a lot of money using it.

Good luck!

By Hvnlyhills from Peebles, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

January 4, 2013 Flag

Ripen tomatoes and other vegetables in your window.

Total Time: several days

Yield: as many as you want ripe tomatoes

Baking Rack to Ripen Tomatoes

• 1 each cooling rack ($1.99)
  • 1 each tomato from garden

1. Put a cooling rack near a window and make sure it is elevated off the table or stand high enough to catch the sunlight. If not high enough, place 2 equal size coffee cups under the rack to lift it higher.
  2. Place the tomato or other veggies on the rack a few inches apart. The rack protects the window and table from any residue from the veggie.
  3. Each day, turn the tomato or other vegetable to a side that has to ripen. In several days the whole vegetable will ripen and then remove it from the rack.
  4. Related Content(article continues below)
  5. You can then eat it or store for later use.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 4, 2009 Flag

The other day I was baking brownies and I realized that I couldn't find my wire racks for cooling. With only a few minutes until the brownies were done, I scrambled around looking.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJanuary 3, 2013
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
Kitchen Utensils
Using Kitchen Utensils in Unusual Ways
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 3:38:21 AM on 10.0.1.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.