Removing Cigarette Smoke Residue from Flat Screen TV

Residue from cigarette smoke can cling to many things in your home. This is a guide about removing cigarette smoke residue from flat screen TV.

January 10, 2011 Flag

My question is how to clean the screen of a flat screen TV in a home where there is a smoker (make that heavy smoker!) The instructions say use only the anti-static cloth lightly dampened. I just do not think that's gonna do the trick. Help please!

By aligirl from Hudson Valley, NY

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Regular window cleaner or citrus based surface cleaner works fine. Turn it off and let it cool, then lighlty mist it and let it soak for a minute or two, then mist it again and wipe it with a clean micro-fiber cloth or well washed old t-shirt.

If you treat it with the same respect as coated eyeglasses or camera lenses, it will be fine. The coating on it is the same.

If you need to dull the screen, so that it does not reflect the kitchen light or the window as much, THEN use the cloth without wetting the screen.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor/blog

I just bought a new flat screen and the directions say do not use Windex or any cleaner with ammonia as an ingredient. I says it will fry the circuitry behind the screen. I would use a microfiber cloth dampened with vinegar or Pledge makes a Multi Surface spray and it also comes in package wet wipes. I buy the wipes as I can keep them in the cabinet under my tv. Also the Pledge wipes have an anti static ingredient which repels dust. It says right on the package it's safe for electronics!

http://www.pledge.com/multi-surface-cleaner/

Try isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. It is the main ingredient in the monitor and TV cleaning sprays. Just us a soft microfiber cloth and be careful not to scratch the surface.

Here is an eHow link for cleaning them or you can do a google search for "cleaning flat screen tv" :

http://www.ehow.com/how_2189189_clean-flat-screen-tv.html

I don't have a flat screen TV but I have a flat screen monitor. I unplug the monitor and clean with distilled vinegar with a soft cloth and have never had a problem. P.S. it's bad enough for someone to smoke and even worse to smoke inside. Nasties build up on everything including walls, windows and even clothes and linens in closed closets! And let's not forget to mention lungs :-(

I used a 2oz spray bottle 2 drops of Dawn dish detergent and filled with warm water. Spray over Tv and quickly but lightly not much pressure using microfiber cloth rub in circular motion to clean then on dry side of cloth gently like buff motion the screen and Tadaaaaa!! The Tv should look shiney and new no smudges or smears.

Home and Garden Cleaning ElectronicsJanuary 18, 2014
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
🎉
🎄