Removing Cigarette Smoke Residue from Flat Screen TV

Category Electronics
Residue from cigarette smoke can cling to many things in your home. This is a guide about removing cigarette smoke residue from flat screen TV.

My question is how to clean the screen of a flat screen TV in a home where there is a smoker (make that heavy smoker!) The instructions say use only the anti-static cloth lightly dampened. I just do not think that's gonna do the trick. Help please!

By aligirl from Hudson Valley, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I just bought a new flat screen and the directions say do not use Windex or any cleaner with ammonia as an ingredient. I says it will fry the circuitry behind the screen. I would use a microfiber cloth dampened with vinegar or Pledge makes a Multi Surface spray and it also comes in package wet wipes. I buy the wipes as I can keep them in the cabinet under my tv. Also the Pledge wipes have an anti static ingredient which repels dust. It says right on the package it's safe for electronics!

www.pledge.com/.../

Best Answer

Try isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. It is the main ingredient in the monitor and TV cleaning sprays. Just us a soft microfiber cloth and be careful not to scratch the surface.

Best Answer

Light dishwashing liquid... not detergent... mixed with water in a spray bottle.

After unplugging your TV, spray the mix onto a microfiber cloth. NEVER spray anything directly onto your TV, and don't use vinegar or alcohol or anything other than this mix.

Buff in a side to side motion. If your flat screen is very large, you'll have to wipe in sections, and depending on the level of nicotine residue it may take you several times until your cloth turns up clean.

Can I use vinegar on my flat screen TV to remove nicotine?

Answers

Yes I use vinegar and water on my tv set.

Anonymous

Use a mixture of half water and half rubbing alcohol. Put in a spray bottle. Spray on a microfiber cloth and clean tne tv.

Fill a spray bottle with half water and half rubbing alcohol. Spray it on a microfiber cloth and then clean the tv.

I use electronic wipes made for TV on my TV's. You can go with Pledge, or Windex.

There's a big forum on ThriftyFun with all kinds of answers here: https://www.thr  6105780.tip.html

You can use it diluted with a microfibre cloth

Seems alcohol mixed with water and microfiber cloth are safe for moat screens. It is recommended to unplug the TV just to be on the safe side.
Here is a good link for basic information.

https://www.hun  om-an-lcd-screen

We have a flat screen TV that has been stored at my mom's house. She smokes. She usually smokes outside but sometimes n the house. It's a nice TV, but I don't want our new house to smell of smoke. Is there something I could wipe it down with and not have it hurt my TV?

By Candy from Greeley, CO