Bat Living Above Our Front Door

Category Bats
Close-up of Bat
Bats can be a nuisance to have in or close you your home. This is a guide about bat living above our front door.

Does anyone know how to get a bat from roosting above our front door? The bat roosts on the brick above our door. We have hung netting over the brick and that has not helped.

Mary from Minnesota

Best Answer

Maybe if you built a bat house you will encourage your unwanted tenant to relocate? Similar to bird house but w/ specs, just for bats. Simple, small, wooden structure. You can find directions on internet.

Best Answer

We had birds above our front door. We nailed a long rubber snake from the toy store. All off our neighbors are still bothered, but not us! It really works. We see the birds every spring coming to our front porch. They see the snake and turn around and they don't come back until the next spring to look again.

Best Answer

A bat house would most likely help your bat to relocate. We are having a problem with bats dying in large numbers that is similar to the hive collapse disorder that is affecting the bees in this country. Please don't kill bats!

Bats are one of our best friends when it comes to bug control, he is just confused about his lodging! Do you have a light near the area that you keep on at night? If so, he is just taking advantage of all the free meals flying around that light.

I had one that lived on my shed and just left it alone and actually gave it a name: Bella, like Bella Lugosi {sp} the old movie star who made vampire movies lol.

I had these birds nest on a ledge on my front porch area. We hung pie pans to discourage them. That didn't work. We hung a king size sheet to block off the entry to the front porch. That didn't work. We finally had to put a board across the ledge so that there was no ledge for them to perch and sleep on and they finally went away. I love birds and I felt so bad, but they made their nests out of mud and were making a terrible mess! Good luck!!!