Bat Poop Stains on Fabric

Do you have any idea how to get bat poo stains out of material? The fruit bats fly over at night and poop on my cushions on my outdoor deck chairs and I can't get the stains out. Thank you.

By Debra from Gold Coast, Australia

I find that peroxide is a great stain remover. I use it for pre-treating stains before washing. The 3% you buy at dollar stores is just right.

I'd say try to cover your outdoor furniture each evening before the bats take wing. Whether you use old bedsheets tucked around, plastic trash bags draped over or whatever, preventing sounds simpler than constantly having to wash your outdoor furniture pads. All you'll have to wash are your "throw covers."

To remove Bat Poo stains from fabric. First wear gloves and get a jug of boiling water and start pouring on the stain as you are pouring use an old toothbrush with a mixture of washing up liquid and brush the stain. Just keep going with the boiling water and the toothbrush until the stain is gone. I did this very successfully on my outdoor loungers last weekend.

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricApril 1, 2011
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
A bat decoration on top of a cupcake.
Making Bat Cupcakes
Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Making a Dog Poop Bag Dispenser