Keeping Mice Out of Vehicles

How do you keep mice out of your car when it sits for a while? We have a camp truck that sits for period of time. Mice seem to get into the car. Is there a way to keep them out?

- cory

Filter Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try placing mothballs throughout the truck. We place mothballs around our home's foundation to keep out mice and snakes because we have alot of open fields. It seems to work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Most mice get into vehicles from under the hood. You might try placing small screens in any open vent area, make a insertion similar to a drain catch screen. This always helped me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a camper that spends the winter in the yard, and we have lots of mice in the woods around our house. I use peppermint oil, as they really seem to hate the smell. Put a few drops on cotton balls in a paper bag an put it in the truck. It works for me...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Where do you find peppermint oil? I heard this same advise on t.v. but can only find perppermint extract at the local stores. Is extract as good or is it just wasting money? Moth balls haven't seemed to have helped much, I have some pretty determined mice wanting to nest in my "day to day" vehicle!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Moth balls and Downey sheets don't work for my car, where do I get peppermint oil???

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Iv'e use peppermint oil for many years in our camp, cars and home it works great and doesn't leave a terrible smell that mothballs do. It can be purchased at any health food store. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place around areas where mice signs are visible; but you do have to refreshen the cotton ball every so often. Another idea is yo put the soaked cotton balls in a small container with holes poked on the lid.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

(sent in by email)

Heard that peppermint oil for keeping mice out of vehicles, but will peppermint extract work?

greg

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By dick 1 1 Flag

Thanks for your ideas. Have a nice day.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Tip: Keep Mice From RV

By Jim B. 1

To keep mice away from your RV, spread Bounce laundry sheets around the inside of your RV. I've done it for years and it works great.

By Jim B. from Salina, KS

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Rodent nest in a car's engine compartment.
Mice Nesting in a Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 26, 2004
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
Mice Nesting in a Car
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Mouse in Kitchen
Keeping Mice out of Appliances
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:07:02 AM on 10.0.1.208 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsAnswers
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings