Buying a Bosch Washer

I'm considering purchasing a Bosch front loading washer, model WFMC8440. Does anyone have any experience with this washer?

By Gary from Central, PA

I don't have 1 but here's what I found on it- I bought the Bosch 300 front-loading machines and would like to inform others to beware of this machine. It is less than one year and the pump malfunctioned. I am completely annoyed with this machine. It has no signal off button so you get to hear the beep for at least an hour if you don't turn off the washer dial after it runs. Bosch uses suppliers out-of-state, I have to sit here for over 2 weeks waiting for a defective pump to arrive from 1800 miles away because Bosch is too cheap to have one stored locally for their customers.

Good luck.

I'd stay with a top loading washing machine. Look in the yellow pages for used appliances. My husband and I sold a 3-bedroom house and moved into a 2-bedroom apartment. We purchased a 3-year old top loading washer and electric dryer and it cost us about $400.00 for the pair.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 21, 2009
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Front Loading Washer
Buying a Front Loading Washer With Reversible Door
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid