Bosch Front Loading Washer Reviews

A front loading washing machine, with a person adding clothes.
When making a major appliance purchase it is a good idea to take a look at product reviews of the brands you are interested in. This is a guide about Bosch front loading washer reviews.

I bought the Bosch 300 front-loading machines and would like to inform others to beware of this machine. It is less than one year and the pump malfunctioned. I am completely annoyed with this machine. It has no signal off button so you get to hear the beep for at least an hour if you don't turn off the washer dial after it runs. Bosch uses suppliers out-of-state, I have to sit here for over 2 weeks waiting for a defective pump to arrive from 1800 miles away because Bosch is too cheap to have one stored locally for their customers.

I have two boys in diapers which means food stains/sour milk on clothes. Bosch should be buying us all new clothes since everyone's clothing has to sit still for over 2 weeks with stains settling in. And no, I don't have family nearby to just go do our laundry. Had to go to laundromat already which was VERY inconvenient and expensive at $3.75/load.

Bosch is about as great as GM has been with cars-poor customer service, low-quality parts/defective equipment, and yet has the audacity to charge a pretty penny for their machines. We had a cheaper brand in our old house and NEVER had to have repairs.

Bosch execs need to quit being so cheap and think about who BUYS their machines. We should not have had a failed part in under one year and when a part does fail, the customer should have the part by NEXT DAY mail. Obviously, the Bosch execs have their laundry cleaned by drycleaners or maids so why worry about the rest of us "regular" people? Your own technicians are making fun of you!

Also, for anyone buying front loading machines, watch out for the Bosch dryer-the lint filter is SO sensitive that you can get an error message if you don't thoroughly wash it out. It collects a film on the 300 model that won't come off no matter what you use to clean it-and soap/water or mild cleansers do not work. Front loaders are being made like computerized cars, everything is under "sensing" which causes unnecessary error messages.

Again, like cars, you can't just open the hood and fix the parts yourself, you have to wait for the Tech (like a dealership shop) to disconnect the sensing parts so you can remove pieces. I watched the tech do his job (which he didn't prefer) and I could have EASILY fixed the problem but he said you can't cheat and make the machine work because if something goes wrong before the part arrives the customer would be at fault.

In the mean time, good luck with all the stain ridden clothes and I suppose our boys can just wear their diapers to leave the house. For the public, don't buy the Bosch 300 set. I can't stand either machine! If they were MADE like true commercial washers/dryers, they should LAST for 15-20 years and have no defects. Unfortunately, these companies realized that they could turn the popularity of front-loaders into a marketing blast and get everybody who believes in the power of the laundry mat's machines to buy into their lower quality machines. First they take your money, then they take your sanity : )

By Trey from South Lyon, MI

A few months ago I posted wanting advice on what type of front loader washer to buy. Well, we ended up getting a Bosch. I LOVE IT. The savings are more than I originally thought. The most water it uses per load is 12 gallons, if I do an extra rinse. Most loads are 8 gallons. With my old washer it was 44-66 gallons.

I see the savings in a much lower water bill as it not only uses less water, but has a bigger capacity than my old washer, so it does 75% more laundry per load. It also spins clothes out much dryer, so that it doesn't take them nearly as long to dry. It also only takes 2 tablespoons of detergent.

I recommend it to anyone!

By April from NW Missouri

Answers:

Product Review: Bosch Front Loading Washer

I love my Bosch washer! My Bosch dryer is the best, too, the wrinkle guard feature is the absent-minded laundress's best friend. ;) (06/11/2008)

By chretienne

I have the LG's and they also are terrific. I saved a bundle on the water bill!! The electric I didn't see much of a difference as it takes about 55 minutes per load, but like you said, you can do 75% more at one time. I see a big difference in the laundry detergent also. I always use less than they recommend and the clothes come out great. (06/11/2008)

My Front Loader Washer Repair Man said Front Loaders only need 1 Tbsp. per Load to wash effectively. He also highly recommended that you always use HE (high-efficiency) Laundry Detergents that are low-sudsing. I get my HE Detergents at Sam's Club. I've had my Front Loader Washer for years and wouldn't have anything else. (06/11/2008)

By Ace

I have a Maytag front loader. Daughter has Bosch front loader. She read you should leave door cracked opened for several hours after you use washer. My repair man said use HE detergent only. He also recommended using ";Washer Magic" to clean the machine. I got Washer Magic on line. (06/12/2008)

By K Z

I have owned a Frigidaire and currently a GE front loader and loved then both. My best advice is to be sure to buy and keep up the warranty on them. I have had to have repairs and everyone that has come to the house has told me to keep paying for the warranty. I have had one machine replaced thru the warranty. Front loaders just have a few issues that the others don't. (06/13/2008)

By hairyjoe

I have a Maytag front loader and I am NOT happy with it. It doesn't clean as well as my old water hungry machine. I can't add anything after the cycle has begun and I can't let things sit and soak overnight. There's no pause button, so things can soak for a short while, but that's all. The savings are good though, but my clothes just aren't as clean. (06/20/2008)

By mulberry204

I sure agree with you! Awhile back we got the Whirlpool steam duet! It is great! I use WAY less detergent and bleach. Less water. Clothes are very clean. Way larger loads! Our water bill has dropped! I really like it! I would not want to go back to a top loader EVER! (07/01/2008)

By BeckyInGA