Reusing Remote Controls

I have several remote controls that I no longer use. Can they be recycled or reprogrammed so they can be used for a different TV or electronic appliance?

Judy from Laurel, MT

Yes, some remotes can be reused. You just need to know the code to the brand name of the TV. That can be found in the users manual.

You could try selling them on ebay. They can bring quite a bit of money. I actually lost a remote to a our TV and went searching for one on the web. I found one for 11 bucks and a few weeks later found the old one and ebayed the newer one. It went for $30!

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 4, 2009
A stack of remote controls for various electronics.
Organizing Remote Controls
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
small bedroom
Finding Replacement Controls for a Heated Mattress Pad
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
🎄
🍂