Browsing: Selling Pop Tabs

Money for Pop Tabs

Where can I change the pop tabs for money?

By Jailene from Miami, FL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Well, most pop tabs for money is a scam to some degree. If you saved a million pop tabs they would be worth about $350 dollars. A hundred is worth about 3 cents. That is about what a scrap dealer would pay. So collecting and storing a million of those things take up some space plus lugging them to the scrap dealer. A bit more money could be had in collecting the cans and redeeming them for a nickle per can if your state has a recycling law. Or saving the cans and selling them to a scrap metal dealer.

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork@telus.net.

October 24, 2010 Flag

Where do I collect money for pop tabs?

Cindy from Cincinnati, OH

Answers:

Money for Pop Tabs

I'd imagine you could go to a commercial recycling or scrap metal center. I think some will pay by the pound. My son's marching band gets around $1/Lb. when they hold can recycling drives. (07/10/2008)

By dj_pinkey

Money for Pop Tabs

I live in Australia and if they are aluminium we take them to sheet metal wreckers who pay so much per kilo. (07/10/2008)

By Laurel Herbert

Money for Pop Tabs

At the Ronald McDonald House they recycle pop tabs. It is easier to get people to recycle them then the whole can. That is according the Ronald McDonald house in Baltimore, MD.(07/11/2008)

By sandy63

Money for Pop Tabs

If you read the hoax "thing" on snopes, it is for kidney dialysis claim, not turning them in for scrap metal. Read further, it says you get about 3 1/2 cents for 1 pound at a scrap yard. I'm not sure where you turn them in, I guess you could try a search on Google and see what comes up. (07/11/2008)

Money for Pop Tabs

The snopes site just says that it was a hoax to get dialysis time with tabs. They are aluminum and any place that buys aluminum will buy them. A lot of McDonald's do collect them for RMHouse. It is more profitable to save the whole can as it is all the same aluminum alloy. Put a lidded garbage can somewhere with can crusher attached to wall above it. When garbage can is full, load it up and head for aluminum recycler in local yellow pages. (07/11/2008)

By Teresa

Money for Pop Tabs

It is NOT a hoax. We collect them at my college, and have bought 3 wheelchairs with the money, so far. Here you have to be a registered charity to do anything like that. Check out your government's web site to see where you can sell the whole pop can. Our Aircraft museum collects the whole cans and sells them to a local recycling plant then uses the money for upkeep of the museum. (07/12/2008)

By catastrofy

Pop Tabs
Selling Pop Tabs
Better Living Green Living RecyclingOctober 24, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Rainbow Bracelet
Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Woman Recycling Aluminum Cans
Recycling Aluminum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 7:14:15 PM on 10.0.2.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.