Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

What happens when your husband waits too long to start mowing the grass in the spring? Bunnies, of course! Luckily I found these little fellows before I started up the mower. I snapped a few shots before moving to another section of the yard and leaving that corner alone until the babies were grown.

By Chris

Oh how precious!

Once, I complained about the tall grass in our large back yard. So my husband took me out there to see a rabbit nest

like yours. I never complained about tall grass in the Spring again.

Oh! This is the sweetest! God Bless you and hold you tighter in His heart for your loving compassion by leaving them alone! Sadly, there are so many people nowadays that could care less and would have rather had their perfectly mowed lawns instead! :-(

What a sweet picture. Bless you for caring. Too bad so many in the name of greed, could care less about our environment!

How sweet is that picture? What good souls you are to rescue this bunny. Happy Easter, happy passover, happy spring to you all.

That is so sweet & precious! We've occasionally had bunnies nesting in our grass too, they especially liked the area under my kids play fort/swing that was partially enclosed, guess they felt safe there. If my husband waited too long to weed-eat, we'd have babies! Kids didn't appreciate it though, cause they couldn't play in that area until the babies were gone-but they liked peeking at the babies! Thanks for the timely reminder to check the lawn before we mow, so we don't get any nasty surprises.

I was hesitant about looking at the photo because just seeing a picture of little bunnies makes me want more bunnies to raise. I avoid all pet stores around Easter for the same reason. I love rabbits so much, but we can't have any more pets here.

Baby bunnies are so precious, and I'd give up my entire landscaped yard to get to have tall grass and little bunnies all over.

Thank you for sharing yours with us. I'm so glad you checked before mowing.

Pookarina

Wonderful! I have a bunny that has been visiting my yard for 2 yrs. now. Love to watch him watch me!

Thank you for posting! Love to see such a happy thing!

Hubby loves to tell about his Aunt Ella and how she used to have to shoo the wild rabbits away from her skirt hem... thanks for the reminder to check our yard before we mow!

April 17, 2011 Flag

I was watering my garden the other day and saw this lump of lint and dog/cat hair near the house that started moving. I told my husband about it and he said he thought it was a nest of bunnies. Sure enough there were 5 babies in the nest. They were not afraid of us at all and let me close to take pics.

One got onto a ledge and almost fell and let my husband pick it up and put it back in the nest. Now they seem to be out of the nest a lot and might even be done but they are still in the yard.

By jill

Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

Answers:

Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

Update on the bunnies, they left the nest but mom brought 1 back that got injured for us to take care of. We kept it protected near where the nest was. We took care of the injuries and fed the little guy. After 2 days of our care, mom came and got the little one and we haven't seen them since. (07/13/2010)

By blazincopper

Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

God bless you for looking out for those beautiful and gentle creatures. I'm so glad someone knew what to do for an injured bunny! My kids and their friends found a nest many, many years ago. One boy cruelly stepped on one of the bunnies and I think broke his leg. In our ignorance, we accidentally killed the poor thing trying to ease its pain. It broke my heart! (07/14/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

How great for you to have been able to experience this. I love bunnies and feel really lucky to see a wild one hopping around my yard. Thanks for sharing. (07/14/2010)

By cybergrannie

Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

This is very special. We too have seen a little Wild Bunny in our yard from time to time. They are so cute. (07/18/2010)

By Scooterrhea

Wild Bunny
Wild Bunny Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeApril 21, 2011
Easter Crafts for Kids
Easter Crafts for Kids
Sweeping Dust Bunnies
Controlling Dust Bunnies
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄