Wildlife: Baby Bunnies

What happens when your husband waits too long to start mowing the grass in the spring? Bunnies, of course! Luckily I found these little fellows before I started up the mower. I snapped a few shots before moving to another section of the yard and leaving that corner alone until the babies were grown.

By Chris

Oh how precious!

Once, I complained about the tall grass in our large back yard. So my husband took me out there to see a rabbit nest

like yours. I never complained about tall grass in the Spring again.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Oh! This is the sweetest! God Bless you and hold you tighter in His heart for your loving compassion by leaving them alone! Sadly, there are so many people nowadays that could care less and would have rather had their perfectly mowed lawns instead! :-(

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a sweet picture. Bless you for caring. Too bad so many in the name of greed, could care less about our environment!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

How sweet is that picture? What good souls you are to rescue this bunny. Happy Easter, happy passover, happy spring to you all.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is so sweet & precious! We've occasionally had bunnies nesting in our grass too, they especially liked the area under my kids play fort/swing that was partially enclosed, guess they felt safe there. If my husband waited too long to weed-eat, we'd have babies! Kids didn't appreciate it though, cause they couldn't play in that area until the babies were gone-but they liked peeking at the babies! Thanks for the timely reminder to check the lawn before we mow, so we don't get any nasty surprises.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I was hesitant about looking at the photo because just seeing a picture of little bunnies makes me want more bunnies to raise. I avoid all pet stores around Easter for the same reason. I love rabbits so much, but we can't have any more pets here.

Baby bunnies are so precious, and I'd give up my entire landscaped yard to get to have tall grass and little bunnies all over.

Thank you for sharing yours with us. I'm so glad you checked before mowing.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wonderful! I have a bunny that has been visiting my yard for 2 yrs. now. Love to watch him watch me!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you for posting! Love to see such a happy thing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hubby loves to tell about his Aunt Ella and how she used to have to shoo the wild rabbits away from her skirt hem... thanks for the reminder to check our yard before we mow!

Reply Like this photo? Yes