Cleaning Jello Off Textbooks

My daughter had a package of red jello in the bottom of her backpack and forgot about it. The books subsequently caused the package to rupture and the red jello is now all over the bottoms of her textbooks. Any suggestions?

Amy

I would dampen a soft rag and gently rub it but not so much that you peel the paper.

Then I might dab some bleach on it and quickly blot it. When it was a clean as I could get it. I would iron the pages flat.

I did this with a library book that had some tea spilled on it. I went thru the pages and blotted them as dry as possbile. Then I shut the book and put bricks on it to flatten the pages for about 20 minutes. I flipped thru the pages and dabbed with a tissue. When dry, I dabbed them with bleach and then ironed them.

That sounds like a good idea, trying to keep books as nice as possible.

Home and Garden Cleaning Books and PapersAugust 25, 2005
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Craft Uses for Old Textbooks
Craft Uses for Old Textbooks
Girl Selling Textbooks Online
Selling Textbooks Online
Saving Money on Textbooks
Saving Money on Textbooks
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 12:32:27 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.