BusinessBusiness and Legal

Starting a Dog Sitting Business

Category Business

What's a good way to get a free list of veterinarians' addresses in my surrounding areas? (not just local with the phone book) I'm not paying hundreds of dollars or getting caught up in some scam when in reality, I've done half of the work myself already. I've spent about a dozen hours finding the addresses city by city, but I'm sure I've missed some. I have clicked on every advertizing link there is and they're all ripoffs.

I just need a few more surrounding states. This is for a personal pet sitting business and I just need to send out business cards for a friend. I would like to save myself the time if I could, but I will sit here and find everyone if that's what it takes.

We do not intend on soliciting more than sending a few business cards, which you see in vets' offices all the time. And we do not plan on doing that more than once every 5 years.

I am aware of dmachoice.org and nonotcall.gov and fully intend on reviewing my list with the DMA's DNC's list.

Thanks for any advice you may have to save me some time and energy.

By DogLover from Sioux Falls, SD

Go to your local vet and ask for the recoreds of all your dogs history. After you get that go to your local courthouse and tell them about the scam and show the recoreds. They may look at your recored and make you take a test but they should give you a lisenes to start your own bussiness. Plus if your over 12 of age you have a legal right to start a small bussiness without consinte. So if you want a big bussiness do the following. Hoped this helpd

By Allyson

Ummm...where do I start. You might be able to have a business at 13 in some states, but not all. You have to be able to take checks and most banks won't let you do that. So, while a good piece of advise for getting a record of your dog, I am not sure this pertains to you.

I am also a bit confused. Why would you need vet's addresses in several states? I am pretty sure those states have local people to help.

While business cards are great, you may want to just start a website, advertise on Craigslist for free, and see how it goes.

PBP

You will need to be registered with your local council to have a pet sitting business but why would you need interstate addresses because you certainly can't operate outside of your area. This does not make sense to me.