Looking for a Candy Called "Frenchies"

When I was a kid in the '50's and '60's, I loved a penny candy called Frenchies. It was a little rectangle of nougat (half pink, half white) with bits of red, green, and yellow jellied candies in it. Does anyone know if they are still being made, and where I can get them? These are not the white jelly nougats currently being made by Brachs. Thanks for any help!

You might find them on one of these web sites...

www.GroovyCandies.com

www.NostalgicCandy.com

www.oldtimecandy.com

www.rauscountrystore.com

You might also try Brachs Candies. I believe they made those candies also.

Is this what you are looking for, Joan?

I hope this web site helps. Hugs from Fort Sill, OK

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/ ... roductID=10110&searchid=inceptor

Hi, try http://www.hometownfavorites.com It has foods and candy from the 50's 60's and 70's. Good luck on your quest.

Joan, when I saw your post it was as if I could have written it! I have also been looking for Frenchies. The last time I had them was about 30 years ago, and I'm 57. The funny thing is, no one I've ever mentioned them to even remembers them. Very Twilight Zone! But I grew up in Hartford, CT and they were everywhere "back in the day". Remember, they had a little bit of cornstarch coating that kept them from getting all melt-y/sticky? God, I'd love to get my hands on some again! If you ever find a source, please email me at gosh717 AT aol.com.

Did you find the pink & white nougat candies yet?

I have searched everywhere & can only find some remotely close on online British sites.

I did find a candy that was similar, in a wrapped candy bar size at a Scottish Highland Games booth in Canada.

The Brach's nougats are more jelly & don't have the pink.

The Frenchies were a fav of my father's & me too.

I am 54 so the candy must have been popular 50-60's?

Hope we find it!

Oh my goodness! I am 50 and remember Frenchies. In my small NJ town, you could only get them at one little store on Main St. They were nothing like Brach's because they were more airy, and I believe they had small bits of almond in them as well. So, where is this British website to order online?

I see these questions all the time regarding frenchies. I can't believe that some candy company has not started making them again. Unless there is a patent on them with the company that did make them. I remember as kid going to parochial school and they would sell them for a penny a piece. I loved them. I hope they make a comeback

Check yummies.com They have something that resembles Frenchies.

Hi Joan. I've been looking for them, too, but I never knew their name. I'm 47 and grew up in Philadelphia. It was the mid-sixties when I remember eating them. They were so good, weren't they? If anyone finds them, please post. Thanks.

Ok furthering the quest, I remember that I saw the box they were shipped in and remember that it was New Orleans, LA as a sender. But for the life of me I cant remember the company name.

I remember my mother buying these by the box at a wholesale candy store in the Fells Point area of Baltimore City when I was a kid. I'm now 55 and have been searching for these candies myself for many, many years. My two sisters loved them, too! Everyone who is searching for these candy delights seem to be able to describe them exactly as I remember them...I just wish someone could remember who made them! The company probably went out of business decades ago. You'd think one of the major candy companies out there would "pick-up" on their popularity and market them to the 50+ crowd. Does anybody out there remember a candy called "Lassies"? They were a gumdrop-shaped caramel penny candy covered in mild chocolate. Maybe we'll be able to enjoy all these goodies in Heaven!!

To estronski regarding Lassies. I found these online:

http://www.candyattic.com/chcovacrdr.html

They look similar to what you are referring to. Cheers!

I've been looking for these also. I was a 6 year old kid in the 50's, living in Dover, Delaware, and ran to the candy store every day after school and asked for frenchies. They were a penny each, a pink and white nougat with green, yellow and red gummies wrapped in wax paper with "Frechies" printed on it. I bought something similar from a british candy company, but it wasn't the same. To be a kid again.

I found them at a candy store in the Market Place in Ottawa, ON Canada. They were $13 or $15 /lb about 4 years ago. I haven't found them anywhere else either, including a candy store in NH that boasts itself as the largest penny candy store. (It is pretty big). I always bought them, too as a child and ate the white side first. I didn't remember that they were called Frenchies. Is it because I'm old? Lol.

Julie in Massachusetts

Does anyone know the place in Ottawa? I can't seem to find it/track it down...

Wow I was begining to think I was crazy,nobody I spoke with remembered these delicious candies. I would go to the store as a child in the early 60's in Maine and Frenchies were my favorite treat. I would get two, one to eat on the way home and one for later. I have been looking everywhere for these candies to no avail. I am happy to know that others are remembering them and if I find them I will post.

Here ya go. They are even the right shape. =-) http://www.kalyx.com/shopexd.asp?id=1039875

Oh my God, I thought I was the only person in world who like these things. If they are still out there I hope they taste the same. You know how things change over time. I am glad to see there are more crazy people out there who like Frenchies. I can taste them now

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 27, 2007
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Peeling Tomatoes
Peeling Tomatoes
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
🎄