Cutting CD Jewel Cases

Can anyone tell me how to cut plastic CD jewel cases in half without them shattering or splintering?

By shirl-uk from Washington, England

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Well, I have to ask why ;-)

The only thing I can think of is a hack saw. There are hacksaws with special blades for plastic. Be sure that 'for plastic' is specified if you purchase one.

You could maybe try what they call a plexi-glass knife. Be careful with these knives, they are extremely sharp.You can buy these at Lowes or any hardware store. I might even have to try this idea myself. Good Luck to you.

Crafts AdviceJuly 30, 2009
DVD Media Case on White Background
Uses for DVD Media Cases
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Three large stacks of CD Jewel Cases.
Uses for CD Jewel Cases
Plastic VHS Boxes
Uses for Plastic VHS Cases
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:10:59 PM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.