Wildlife: Grasshopper

I was just finishing my lunch when I saw this big grasshopper on a wooden chair next to my fridge. I guess he didn't like it outside, it was quiet hot for our country Slovenia, 37 degrees.

By Evelin

October 21, 2011 Flag

I've always been curious about what grasshoppers eat. While walking the dogs with my husband, one day I found out.

We were down in the field below our home and there were grasshoppers leaping to and fro everywhere in the grass! I followed one around for a while, and it eventually began feeding on this dandelion. I was so excited that I nearly dropped my camera! I know that sounds silly, but I always get so excited when I feel I have the chance to photograph something extra neat.

Anyway, now I know a little more about what grasshoppers eat and want to thank God for the neat experience. I hope you all enjoy my sharing it with you. Keep on smiling!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Grasshopper Eating

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Beautiful shot and inspiring attitude. Thanks!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

October 5, 2011 Flag

I just loved this little guy. I was taking my dogs out to do their business, when I saw literally hundreds of little grasshoppers and crickets jumping in every which direction with every step I took. It was amazing! So, I whipped out my camera and started sneaking up on them.

This one found quite the good hiding spot - he blends in so well! Because he was so well camouflaged, he felt a little safer and braver. I thought he'd chosen quite the perfect and relaxing place to sit. An area that's not only safe, but he's surrounded by pretty white flowers to smell as he takes in the scenery and watches the sun set. Do you ever sometime wish you were a bug, just to experience such a unique perspective?

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Closeup of Large Grasshopper

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

You demonstrate both kinds of perspective. The first kind is your close-up photo shot of the grasshopper. It looks professional, has rich color, good detail, fine lighting. The second kind of perspective is your use of imagination to see life through the eyes of another creature.

You have gone beyond ordinary insight for most adult human beings. You are very creative. Thank you for entering your photo and your commentary about your entry. My vote to win is for you!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes
Close-up of a grasshopper on a leaf
Grasshopper Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 29, 2010
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Raccoon looking for goodies in a waste bin
Protecting Wildlife from Your Garbage
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 6:40:40 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.