Grasshopper Photos

Category Wildlife
Grasshoppers are a common insect around the world inhabiting grassy areas, including fields, forests, woodlands, and your garden. This is a guide about grasshopper photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
Welcome to fall! Here in Oklahoma, it seemed to switch from summer to fall practically over night. One day the heat seemed oppressive, while the next evening we needed long-sleeved shirts and warmer socks! I love the fall, with everything fun that it brings - cool evenings, beautiful leaves, and Halloween! And today this grasshopper landed right in front of me, with all of his orange and yellow finery, reminding me that fall really did leap forward this year, bringing lots of happiness for all!

Photo Location
Small-town, Oklahoma

Comment Like this photo? 7

Photo Description
I heard my friend's cat hissing in the garden at something. When I looked down and saw this one-legged grasshopper, I wasn't sure whether it had just lost its limb in the cat battle or if it had already lost it previously and was having trouble hopping away from the cat. My heart broke to see it struggle, so I moved him somewhere he couldn't be bothered. As you can see, it seemed to do just fine hanging on with its remaining tarsus. Because it wasn't hopping away from me, I was able to really study its details. I loved being in touch with all its beauty!

Photo Location
Los Angeles, CA

Comment Like this photo? 6

I've always been curious about what grasshoppers eat. While walking the dogs with my husband, one day I found out.

We were down in the field below our home and there were grasshoppers leaping to and fro everywhere in the grass! I followed one around for a while, and it eventually began feeding on this dandelion. I was so excited that I nearly dropped my camera! I know that sounds silly, but I always get so excited when I feel I have the chance to photograph something extra neat.

Anyway, now I know a little more about what grasshoppers eat and want to thank God for the neat experience. I hope you all enjoy my sharing it with you. Keep on smiling!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Grasshopper Eating

Comment Like this photo? 4

I just loved this little guy. I was taking my dogs out to do their business, when I saw literally hundreds of little grasshoppers and crickets jumping in every which direction with every step I took. It was amazing! So, I whipped out my camera and started sneaking up on them.

This one found quite the good hiding spot - he blends in so well! Because he was so well camouflaged, he felt a little safer and braver. I thought he'd chosen quite the perfect and relaxing place to sit. An area that's not only safe, but he's surrounded by pretty white flowers to smell as he takes in the scenery and watches the sun set. Do you ever sometime wish you were a bug, just to experience such a unique perspective?

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Closeup of Large Grasshopper

Comment Like this photo? 4

Indian Pink Flower with Baby Grasshoppers on it. The is one of my favorite pictures I have taken. I did not see the baby grasshoppers on the flower until I uploaded my pictures.

By lovingnature

Baby hoppers on dark pink flower.

Comment Like this photo? 4

I was just finishing my lunch when I saw this big grasshopper on a wooden chair next to my fridge. I guess he didn't like it outside, it was quiet hot for our country Slovenia, 37 degrees.

closeup of grasshopper

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2