The Strong Grasshopper

Photo Description
I heard my friend's cat hissing in the garden at something. When I looked down and saw this one-legged grasshopper, I wasn't sure whether it had just lost its limb in the cat battle or if it had already lost it previously and was having trouble hopping away from the cat. My heart broke to see it struggle, so I moved him somewhere he couldn't be bothered. As you can see, it seemed to do just fine hanging on with its remaining tarsus. Because it wasn't hopping away from me, I was able to really study its details. I loved being in touch with all its beauty!

Photo Location
Los Angeles, CA

I just wanted to let you know that I think that first picture is absolutely stunning! It really is quite remarkable- thanks so much for sharing it with us! Also, very kind of you to help that little guy; I believe that there is a special place in Heaven for people with such gentle hearts!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you so much for your comment! It really touched me today. :) Warm hugs your way!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Well, bless your little ol' pea pickin' heart. Mighty nice of you. May your kindness never be obsturgitated.

Poor thang. Now he's a half grass hopper.

I'd wager the little fella lost his leg to the cat. For some strange reason, cats have been known to eat grasshoppers on the odd occasion, particularly in very hot weather. The one leg was just an appetizer. The cat will probably find him and finish him off tomorrow. Let's face it, he can't go far.

Thanks for the great picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes