Wildlife: Grasshopper

I just loved this little guy. I was taking my dogs out to do their business, when I saw literally hundreds of little grasshoppers and crickets jumping in every which direction with every step I took. It was amazing! So, I whipped out my camera and started sneaking up on them.

This one found quite the good hiding spot - he blends in so well! Because he was so well camouflaged, he felt a little safer and braver. I thought he'd chosen quite the perfect and relaxing place to sit. An area that's not only safe, but he's surrounded by pretty white flowers to smell as he takes in the scenery and watches the sun set. Do you ever sometime wish you were a bug, just to experience such a unique perspective?

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

You demonstrate both kinds of perspective. The first kind is your close-up photo shot of the grasshopper. It looks professional, has rich color, good detail, fine lighting. The second kind of perspective is your use of imagination to see life through the eyes of another creature.

You have gone beyond ordinary insight for most adult human beings. You are very creative. Thank you for entering your photo and your commentary about your entry. My vote to win is for you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great photo and perspective!

Reply Like this photo? Yes