Soda Bottles for Cuttings

When I send out cuttings to friends, of plants that propagate easily, I take a 2 liter cola plastic bottle and cut around the top to make a planter. I drill little holes in the bottom for drainage, tear the wrapper off, and decorate it with permanent markers. It makes a great planter, and the root system can be seen easily when it is ready to replant. I use root stimulator to start the plants, and water, then watch them grow. Wrap cellophane or foil paper around the bottom and tie it with a ribbon, for decoration and to catch the drainage.

By Sharon S. from Brenham, TX

That is a great idea. It is always nice to have somethingin hand when going to a visit. My Son likes to take a girl or girls at school flowers so he always gets me some and then he says...can I have some back...LOL.

But, he rides the bus and is not allowed glass. So I use a sugar free crystal lite or similar container and decorate the outside for a vase. The girls think he is so creative !!

Thanks for sharing. Lori

Wow! Great idea. I love plants but my cats keep breaking my containers. This way they won't break.