Soda Bottles for Cuttings

When I send out cuttings to friends, of plants that propagate easily, I take a 2 liter cola plastic bottle and cut around the top to make a planter. I drill little holes in the bottom for drainage, tear the wrapper off, and decorate it with permanent markers. It makes a great planter, and the root system can be seen easily when it is ready to replant. I use root stimulator to start the plants, and water, then watch them grow. Wrap cellophane or foil paper around the bottom and tie it with a ribbon, for decoration and to catch the drainage.

By Sharon S. from Brenham, TX

That is a great idea. It is always nice to have somethingin hand when going to a visit. My Son likes to take a girl or girls at school flowers so he always gets me some and then he says...can I have some back...LOL.

But, he rides the bus and is not allowed glass. So I use a sugar free crystal lite or similar container and decorate the outside for a vase. The girls think he is so creative !!

Thanks for sharing. Lori

Wow! Great idea. I love plants but my cats keep breaking my containers. This way they won't break.

Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsJuly 23, 2008
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
🎉
🎄