Anti Virus Software Recommendations

Are you having problems with virus', worms, Malware, and other such nuisances on your computer? Here are some free software links and advice to set you on a better track while surfing the wonderful world wide web : )

I use these two for virus' and Malware and run my laptop problem free. Update on a regular basis and you should have no problems.

Another good tip is to use Firefox as a browser instead of Internet Explorer because Internet Explorer is a virus and Malware magnet. Sad to say but true. Firefox is a much better built browser with more protection.

If you want to make Firefox your default browser (which you should), in Windows Vista go to the Start Menu and click on Default Programs. Click on "Set Your Default Programs". Follow the directions to set Firefox as your default browser.

By Carly34 from Lynnwood, WA

These two anti viruses are no good they dont catch all of the bugs you can get online. I have Norton 2010 and it is great. It does not slow your computer down at all. I have tryed these anti viruses before and it messed up my computer bad. So I will stick with Norton 2010

Spybot Search and Destroy

Avast! Anti-virus software

I can't speak about snowpea's experiance or Carly34, I can say that if you can not afford to buy McCaffee or Norton (both of which are leaders in the protective software business) you would be doing more harm to NOT install Avast!; which is absolutely free for home computers.

Spybot is an excellent program as well for keeping your computer virus free. It is also a free program and works very well with Avast!, Norton AND McCaffee. You can never have enough protection.

Now a days it is also good to have a firewall running on your PC to keep invaders out. I will have to do some research on firewalls to see whats available nowadays; I haven't used a firewall since I dropped down to dial up.

More on firewalls later. But definitely get some kind of virus protection on your PC and keep you Windows updates current (at least the ones that apply to you). I don't update the email software 'cause I don't use it. There are others I have no intentions of using either so I don't update them. No reason to install software that can not help you and actually might hinder you in the long run.

I got irritated with Internet Explorer 8 and installed Firefox and I love it. My service provider is ATT and part of the package is McAfee. I'm happy with that too.

Actually the very best is PC-cillen. It is expensive and used by the business world but it works. AVG is also good. I have used both of these in the last ten years and have NEVER had a virus.

Can I still use Google as my search engine once Firefox is installed? I've gotten used to the toolbar shortcuts, especially AutoFill....

btw...I have some good friends that live on 114th St. there in Lynnwood.... beautiful area!!!

@Cajun 62234

Yes, you can still use Google. I have iGoogle setup as my homepage on Firefox.

@Ann Parker

My point was to give the best "thrifty" suggestion.

I've used AVG in the past and compared to Avast!, Avast! is better at preventing virus'.

I read in CyberCrime Tales from the Trenches that it's just not worth it for the home pc owner to purchase anti-virus and anti-malware software. Many times the free software is more reliable.

To make a blanket statement that the anti-virus and Malware protection software that I suggested is no good is truly rude. I've had nothing but good experiences with it and it was recommended by the book CyberCrime Tales from the Trenches.

My IT guy recommends free AVG too. I had the paid and it froze my computer the free works great too. Do Malwarebytes too.

Computer screen says "Caution".
Preventing Computer Viruses and Malware
Computers SoftwareMay 18, 2010
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes