Stretch Expensive Lotions

There's a lot of buzz about anti-aging products - and I see that most of them are $20 a jar. I had some alpha hydroxy lotion I had picked up that actually was too strong for my sensitive skin - but as the jars were running low on skin creme, I thought to mix the alpha-hydroxy with some less expensive skin creme - and use it on my neck/decolletage. There's a slight difference - but my skin doesn't seem the worse for it - and I can save the more expensive stuff for my face!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Actually, Alpha Hydrox--the brand--is one of the most inexpensive AHA products around. My 86-yr-old mother uses it, and her skin is terrific.

What you are reacting to is the % of AHA in a product. However, any amount lower than 8% probably won't work. So read the label and calculate what percentage you are using by mixing it. That's what you are shopping for.

I just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to moisturize my skin. (I use that at night and in the morning, I use the NZ brand; Trilogy: Energizing Face Lotion). They're both natural moisturizers and are great for sensitive skinned people.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Mature Skin TipsJune 8, 2007
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Preventing Stretch Marks
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch
🎄