Threading Beads on Elastic Stretch Cord

Category How To
Stretch elastic cord can be used to make bracelets and other craft project, but it can sometimes be difficult to thread smaller beads or findings. This is a page about threading beads on elastic stretch cord.

I spent about 2 hours frustrated that I could not put 1 to 2 pieces of elastic cord through the center of a seed bead or other beads to make a stretch bracelet. Finally, I had a brilliant idea, I took a piece of beading wire and cut about 2 to 3 inches off and folded it in half. I put the elastic cord in the center of the beading wire like threading a needle, I put the bead on the other end and took my jewelry pliers and held the wire end just below the bead. I held the bead with my other hand as I pulled the elastic cord through the bead with my pliers and thank goodness it worked. I saved myself a lot of time and headache.

By Myra Powell W. from Savannah, GA

Well, I'm glad you figured it out on your own, as there are free on-line tutorials on how to do it. That is exactly how it's done. You are very smart.

Crafts Beadwork How ToApril 29, 2019
🍂
🎄