BeadworkCrafts

Threading Beads on Elastic Stretch Cord

contest winner icon

I spent about 2 hours frustrated that I could not put 1 to 2 pieces of elastic cord through the center of a seed bead or other beads to make a stretch bracelet. Finally, I had a brilliant idea, I took a piece of beading wire and cut about 2 to 3 inches off and folded it in half. I put the elastic cord in the center of the beading wire like threading a needle, I put the bead on the other end and took my jewelry pliers and held the wire end just below the bead.

I held the bead with my other hand as I pulled the elastic cord through the bead with my pliers and thank goodness it worked. I saved myself a lot of time and headache.

By Myra Powell W. from Savannah, GA

Well, I'm glad you figured it out on your own, as there are free on-line tutorials on how to do it. That is exactly how it's done. You are very smart.