Browsing: Remembering Birthdays

Remembering Birthdays

When the new year gets here, take a few minutes and go through your whole calendar writing in the Birthdays of people you will send cards or presents to. You can keep rolling this forward by using last years calendar to remember.

By Melanie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

There is a web site that sends you an e-mail reminding you of upcoming birthdays. It's free all you have to do is register and then enter in the names and birth dates of the people you need to remember. You can customize it so that you receive the reminder however in advance you want. http://www.birthdayalarm.com

There's an easier way! Go to an e-card site like http://www.Care2.com/ecards. I'm not sure which other sites will do this, but Care2 lets you go ahead and put in all your birthdays, choose the cards, and schedule them for delivery. Then check "yes" when they ask whether you'd like to be reminded to do so again next year, and you're covered.

I select the cards, address them and put a date to mail them where the stamp will go. Then I put them in my budget book. When bill paying time arrives, I have the cards there as a reminder, and then mail them at the appropriate time.

I use my Google calendar to keep up with birthdays. That way, I only put them down once and they are forever in my account. I get pop up reminders a week before the birthday so I can remember to send out cards or gifts.

Here's one additional step my Mom taught me. After you fill your new calendar, make a list in the date order of birthdays, Jan. - Dec. Example: Jan 4 - Mary, Jan. 29 - Bob, etc. Go to the Dollar store with your list. Buy all the birthday cards for the year. When you come home, address each envelope and place the date you want to mail the card where the stamp will go. Keep in date order in a draw. At the beginning of each month I put them on the counter and mail as needed.

I've been doing this for more years than I care to remember. I'm depending more on Facebook and Care2 and Amazon to remind me now, but the annually-updated calendar used to be my primary way to remember.

Birthday Reminder on Calendar
Remembering Birthdays
Organizing Memory TricksDecember 12, 2004
middle aged man and family celebrating his birthday
Celebrating Milestone Birthdays
A man looking at his smartphone calendar.
Remembering Appointments
Someone Writing Birthday on Calendar
Remembering Important Dates (Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc.)
Thomas the Tank Cake
Making Character Cakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:35:10 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.