Non-chocolate Brown Frosting

I would like to know how to make brown frosting with out brown coloring?

By Christine from Girard, PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm confused by the title (Non chocolate Brown Frosting) and your question (brown frosting without brown coloring). So, just to clarify, you want a brown frosting, but you don't want it to taste like chocolate, AND you don't want to use food coloring?

You can make brown frosting without using cocoa (chocolate flavored). For that, I'd recommend getting some Wilton food coloring in the little pots.

http://www.wilt  597A6ED538D55E2B

If you don't want chocolate flavor, and you don't want food coloring, I don't know what to suggest.

My grandmother used to make a boiled icing that the sugar caramelized in. It was a pale brown/tan sort of color. I'm sorry, but I'll have to look for the recipe, if I have it.

There is also a cooked brown sugar frosting that is tan in color.

Browned sugar frosting recipe-or perhaps just use a butter creme frosting and tint with brown food coloring.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesNovember 7, 2009
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:35:54 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.