Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce

I am trying to find a good and easy Bread Pudding with the vanilla sauce that goes over it. I can't seem to be able to find a good and easy one. Please help. I would like a creamy sauce to go over it. I've had it in restaurants that were delicious, but when I make it, it just isn't right. We don't like raisins though. Can any of you readers please help? My husband loves it

Kay from Clyde

6 cups stale French bread

4 eggs

1 quart milk

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup bourbon

1/2 cup raisins (good with dried cranberries)

1/2 cups chopped pecans

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup shredded coconut (optional)

Soak the bread, which has been broken into small pieces in the milk. Cream well the butter and sugar, and add the eggs one at a time,. Stir in the vanilla, then the raisins, pecans and bourbon. Mix the soaked bread and pour into a 3-quart Pyrex pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. This is best served warm.

1 stick butter

1 cup sugar

1 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup bourbon

In top of double boiler, melt butter and sugar. Gradually whisk in egg. Cool slightly. Add bourbon. If serving right away, pour warm sauce over pudding/ If not, warm sauce slightlyl before serving and serve in a sauce boat.

Google the following: southern In the search put: bread pudding You will get many, many listings -- You should find what you're looking for.

You may want to fix it with a few raisins, as they will flavor the bread pudding, and just pick them out when you eat it. Sometimes you just have to use some ingredients or the dish will not taste the same. I love bread pudding with vanilla sauce!

Many restaurants use day old danish in place of bread for bread pudding. Delish!

Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingFebruary 8, 2008
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
Bread Pudding Recipes Without Liquor
Bread Pudding Recipe Without Liquor