Rerouting Downspout Water

I'm tired of a puddle at the end of the downspouts. I am wondering how to remove the pipe that goes to the ground and attach something to the gutter that lets the rain out in sprinkler form or a mister would be great. It doesn't have to be perfect. I'm all about rigging stuff up to work.

Hardiness Zone: 9b

By texlish from Haslet, TX

I would purchase gutter extenders at Lowes or Home Depot. They attatch right on.

You can call somebody that installs sprinkle systems. They might can answer your question, good luck.

If I were handy, I would make rain barrels for your down spouts. They are great for watering lawns and gardens. Instructions are available online. You would save on your water bill. Good luck.

Get hold of a Carol Wright's Gifts, or Dr Leonard's catalog. They have a thing that you attach to the bottom of your downspout and you can direct the water anywhere you want it to go. What I did with the one I had was to run it through my garden. I poked holes in it so that it would water my garden but not with the "gush" of water from the downspout. I clamped off the end of it so that it wouldn't pour out there. Also the holes I poked were large enough and numerous enough to allow the water to come out without spewing my end clamp off in a storm.

Or you could just direct it into a drainage ditch or anywhere else you want the water to go.

I have seen things advertising that looked like big flat extensions to the gutter to redistribute the water - I suppose you could gerry rig one yourself with your own tube - Made from recycled long underwear perhaps? Or maybe you could look in the hardward store for some suitable tubing.

Better Living Green Living Gardening IrrigationAugust 1, 2009
Homemade Water Guns
Homemade Water Guns
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄