Flower "Bed" That's Different

Want something different for your front lawn or garden? Use an iron chair or glider and fill it with ivy and flowers. My husband put some wooden sides on it and I lined the bottom with coconut liners. I filled the bottom with several inches of potting soil and planted away topping off with pine straw. Every year I try a new plants for variety.

By Tammie from Moody, AL

This is just beautiful. I love flowers and wrought iron and old stuff recycled and reincarnated. This is just lovely. How nice that you put it in the front yard so others can enjoy it too.

VERY nice! If I had not tossed a whole set of that furniture away years ago, I'd be able to think about doing that. It reminds me of a wonderful oldish baker's rack done that way top to bottom with every flower imaginable growing in a lovely pattern. The moss was held onto it with green chicken wire and then holes cut out so the plants could be potted vertically! Your's is so attractive and I know you really enjoy different flowers each year. I'd be tempted to plant perennial seeds so I wouldn't have to replant each year, but then it would look the same all the time, like my neighbor's. Thank you.

God bless you. : )

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I WILL NOW BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR. A FRIEND GAVE ME AN OLD IRON BABY BED AND AS ONE SIDE SLIDES DOWN I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING SIMILAR WITH THE BED. THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US.