Recycling Christmas Cards

I always save the Christmas cards we receive and like to send them to someone who can use them for recycling or making other crafts. Does anyone have such a name and address of where to send them? Thank you.

Annette

Most cities have a local chapter of Freecycle. It is an online group/community of people who recycle by asking for or giving away items. Google Freecycle with your city name, and you should find the one for you. I am sure someone would love to use them.

You can send them to St. Jude's Ranch For Children where they make new cards from them and then sell them. They only use the front of the cards so you can cut the fronts off yourself before mailing them to save on postage.

http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

We are accepting used, all-occasion cards from:

November 15, 2009 - February 28, 2010

You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children

Recycled Card Program

100 St. Jude's Street - Boulder City, NV 89005

877-977-SJRC (7572)

The St. Jude's idea is a great one because it benefits their hospital. Making Christmas cards from recycled materials is my passion! If you have any extras you can email me at rhugh23 AT aol.com. I would love to have them!

Nursing facilities also accept cards for their resident's arts and crafts activities.

If you have an Easter Seals close to you they will take anything crafty for the mentally challenged that come there to work on. I send all my craft stuff I dont use to ours.

Our church would be happy to receive them-we make cards for a prayer ministry and nursing homes

St John United Methodist Church

12700 West US Highway 42

Prospect, KY 40059

attn: Caring Card Ministry

thanks

You can check a local daycare to see if they would like them for crafts. I work in a daycare and we use them for crafts and when the child's parent has a birthday we let them chose the the card they would like to give to their parent and that becomes the front of their card and they make the rest!

If you have any left, I would be happy to receive some. You can email me at:

Triciaminter AT yahoo.com.

I love to craft with them.

Using Old Christmas Cards
Using Old Christmas Cards
Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 25, 2009
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
valentines heart
Recycling Valentine's Day Cards
🎉
🎄