Removing Hair Dye Stain from Hardwood Floor

How do I get a hair dye stain out of hardwood? I tried soda and vinegar, lemon juice, and peroxide. Any more suggestions?

By Bernie from P.E.I

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hair color seeps in to the pores of the wood so you will need to re-sand and re-coat that spot. Sorry it's not better news. I was a hairstylist for over 35 years and a salon owner for 14 of those and had hardwood floors in my salon that were even triple coat sealed but when some of stylists were just so sloppy that the color spattered past the large hairstyling floor mats I either lived with it or repaired it. :-(

February 29, 2016 Flag

How do you remove dark hair dye from light oak floors?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJuly 18, 2010
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:39:14 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.