FloorsCleaning

Removing Hair Dye Stain from Hardwood Floor

How do I get a hair dye stain out of hardwood? I tried soda and vinegar, lemon juice, and peroxide. Any more suggestions?

By Bernie from P.E.I

Answers

Hair color seeps in to the pores of the wood so you will need to re-sand and re-coat that spot. Sorry it's not better news. I was a hairstylist for over 35 years and a salon owner for 14 of those and had hardwood floors in my salon that were even triple coat sealed but when some of stylists were just so sloppy that the color spattered past the large hairstyling floor mats I either lived with it or repaired it. :-(

February 29, 2016 Flag

How do you remove dark hair dye from light oak floors?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes