Cute Painted Kitty
Paint a cute little kitty to sit on your shelf. I bought this kitty from a yard sale. So she only cost me a quarter. You can buy paint in the small pots at Wal-Mart for under $4 and can mix until you have the right colors.
Approximate Time 1 hour
- Gray acrylic paint
- Pink acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- varnish or clear coat spray paint
- Paint the kitty gray.
- After the gray has dried, take some white on a brush and almost brush all of the paint off of it. With this "dry" brush, lightly paint the raised spots to give it the look of dimension.
- Paint pink on the nose and bottom of paws.
- Paint white in the eyes. Let it dry.
- Paint a blue strip down the white of the eyes. Let it dry.
- Paint a small dot of black in the middle of the blue.
- After completely dry, brush on varnish or spray it with a can of clear-coat.
You can have fun with any animal you get at a yard sale or thrift store. Try different colors instead of traditional ones. Another idea is to paint the item a light color, then "wash" it with black. To do this, you take some black acrylic paint and mix with water. Take a towel (bounty), brush, or cotton ball and rub all over the ceramic piece. It gives some items an aged look. Practice makes perfect. Have fun!
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
September 27, 20070 found this helpful
Thanks for the painting tips. I especially liked your idea of using black! Thanks!:)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 8, 2016 at 10:52:48 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us