Cleaning Cat Litter Off of Shoes?

dried litter on soles of shoesWe used kitty litter to defrost ice on our wooden front deck and steps. When we walked in it, it stuck to the soles of our shoes and boots. It also left tracks on the wood floor in the house. Also, it stuck to clothes. The main thing I need to know is if anyone have any ideas how to get it off of the shoes? Should I clean the floor with anything special?

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 141 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Wet cat litter really makes a mess. Generally I just use water and paper towels to clean it up. That way I can just throw away the paper towels rather than wash cat litter down the drain. That should work for cleaning the shoes and your floor.

I think hot water would help and you may also need a stiff bristle brush. Just only use it on the sole and not the leather.

A used toothbrush, perfect size to get into the groves of your shoes and knock out the litter rather it is dry or compacted. I have 3 cats and plenty of cat litter on the floor, but if you are talking about damp cat litter there is nothing special, just use what you typically use to clean your floor.

And be aware that dry cat little pebbles can scratch your floor so rubbing is not a good idea, whisk it up in a dustpan, of it is damp on the floor use a plastic credit card to "scoop" it .

A stiff scrub brush dampened with dish soap and hot water should do the trick. How about removing footwear upon entering the house. That's what we do to eliminate dirty floors.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesMarch 2, 2017
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Cat-Litter-Off-of-Shoes.html