Witch Hazel and Tea For Facial Astringent

After I brew some green tea, I put the warm tea bags in a bowl and douse them with witch hazel which helps cool them off. I then put them on my face for a few minutes. It's a great natural astringent, and it brightens my face instantly.

Source: Tried it on a hunch. I knew they worked separately, so why not together?

By Dorinmoz from Sugar Land, TX

Witch hazel is a natural thing, but all witch hazel has added alcohol to it. Alcohol is not good stuff to put on your skin. What I use is about a 50% white vinegar & bottled water. Ii put it on with my fingers, spread it around & let dry. I started with a 10% mix & slowly increased it. This tightens pores, disinfects & is a mild alpha hydroxy. This is completely natural. Alcohol is made, not natural & it is very harsh.

October 22, 2009 Flag

I have used witch hazel for quite a few years as a natural astringent rather than the more expensive facial astringents. It works well for me, I have combination skin, oily/dry, and I use it in the morning and again before I go to bed. It seems to also help mild breakouts. It also has an antiseptic quality and is good for minor skin irritations. I try to find the store brand to get the very best price.

By Amy from Columbus, Ohio

Witch Hazel For Facial Astringent

Witch hazel is really effective at what it does, but it isn't the most pleasant smelling substance in the world. My sons and daughter use it for their faces. What I do is add a couple of drops of peppermint oil or cinnamon oil, not enough to counter the effect of the witch hazel but enough to make it more pleasant smelling. (04/05/2009)

By Mad Rabbit

Facial Astringent
Facial Astringent Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceOctober 22, 2009
Spraying a rose bush.
Treating Roses With Witch's Broom Disease
Sweetgum Tree
Growing a Sweetgum Tree
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Witch Cupcakes