Nonfat Cookies and Muffins

When baking I like to leave out the oil, shorting and butter. Instead I add an equal amount of canned pumpkin, apple sauce, plum or prune baby food or put some canned unsweetened plums through the blender to puree them. I also keep out additional fat and calories by spraying my cookie sheets and muffin tins with Pam instead of using shortening or butter to grease them. If you add a pureed fruit or pumpkin to cookies, muffins and most cakes it will not change the taste, but will replace the calories of the fat with vitamin rich fruit and your favorite recipe will still be just as moist as before!

By Cyinda from near Seattle

The vitamins may not will survive the heat, but it's a great way to cut back on fat.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJune 4, 2008
Blueberry Muffins
Freezing Muffins
Making Snow Muffins
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
Making Homemade Muffins
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh