Getting a Job In a School

Does anyone have ideas how to get a job in a school? I have done a Classroom Assistant Course last year but have not been able to find any jobs in schools. I would not even mind being a lunchtime supervisor to start with just to get experience but even these sort of jobs are not easy to find. I am working part time for a charity but would really like to pursue my wish to work with children in some way.

Does any one work in a school and how did they get their jobs.

Thanks,
Angela from UK

I started being a substitute teacher in my girl's school last year in the afternoons, while my youngest was in pre-K. I asked the school secretaries how do I apply and they were more than eager to offer the info. Here in Maryland, I had to go to our County Board of Education office. Had a two hour training course and I was all set. This year the girls have been in school 9 days and I have already subbed 2 days, with more coming up.

For work in the cafeteria, talk to the cafeteria manager and she can direct you to the correct department to apply

Good Luck.

i started as a student assistant last year. now i have passed the test to be a teacher assistant but there are no openings. i have also signed up to be a substitute teacher. still i have had no calls beings it is the beginning of the new school year. now i am a student assistant again. that is not where i want to stay but i am gainging knowledge each day i am there. go onto the schools website or go to the local school secretary and talk with them. yes we have lunch ladies too. but they really arent helping the children learn.

Is there more than one school district in your area?

Our school has a website to convey information to parents (notes don't always make it home!). The website includes employment opportunities as well. Also, use volunteer opportunities (PTA, Room Mother, etc.) to get to know the teachers, school administrators and parents. Who knows where the networking could lead?

Thanks for your ideas, I will keep a check on local school websites. A lot of the jobs in our local paper are for village schools and I don't drive so would not be able to get to them. Hopefully something will turn up.

This is an interesting question. I and several other people I know are qualified teachers and qualified LSAs but cannot get work as Learning Support Assistants. Schools in the UK seem to prefer to take on unqualified Learning Support Assistants.

hi their i am teacher/ asst/ co teacher i have been teaching now about 5 1/2 years and was laid of to cutbacks and even with experance it is hard to find work in brooklyn good luck

Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
A high school graduate holding a sign that says hire me.
Getting a Job With a High School Diploma
Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 25, 2016 at 3:48:26 PM on 10.0.1.98 in 937 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.